Blended Lifeguard Learning- online & in-person skills sessions
Blended learning combines online learning with in-person skills sessions. Must complete all eLearning modules at least one day prior to in-person skills session. eLearning is approximately 7 hours.
- Participants must be 15 yrs old by the end of the course and pass a prerequisite skills test:
- Swim 300 yards without stopping (100 yds front crawl, 100 yds breaststroke, 100 yds of both strokes)
- Swim 20 yds (heads up front crawl or breaststroke) retrieve a 10# brick from 7-10 feet of water and return to the starting point in less than 1 min 40 sec
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs for support (hands out of water or tucked in armpits)
- Attendance is mandatory for all in-person sessions.
- Upon successful completion of the course participants will have an American Red Cross 2-year certification in Lifeguard Training/CPR/AED/First Aid
- We also offer Shallow Water Lifeguarding and re-certification classes. Contact the Aquatic offices for more details.
- WRC pool
- NEXT CLASS STARTS May 30 - Registration is Open!
- Register Online for 2023 Lifeguard Training Classes