BOATING & PADDLE BOARDING
Boating at Evergreen Lake (private and rental) is closed for the season. Thank you for a great summer!
Please call the Hotline first at 720-880-1391, as fluctuating weather can affect opening/closing times.
Help keep the lake and park beautiful. Please don’t litter and pick up after your pets. Pets must be kept on leash. We are currently under a fire ban, so no charcoal or gas grills are allowed in the park. Parking is limited at Evergreen Lake.
- Private Boats
- Lake Rules
- Rental Rates
- Night Boating / Paddleboarding
- Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS)
Boating (private and rental) is now closed for the season.
Summer Daily Schedule - 2020
Evergreen Lake will be open to watercrafts seven days a week through Sunday, September 7. After Labor Day, we will be open as many days in September as possible, but our operating schedule is subject to change. Our last day will be Wednesday, September 30. Please call our boating hotline for the most up to date information before you head to Evergreen Lake: 720-880-1391. This is always weather permitting. Wednesday nights during the Concert Series, last boats go out at 2 PM and boating closes at 3 PM Please note that all hours are weather permitting.
Summer Private and Boat Rental Hours - 2020
|Days||Watercraft Rentals||Last Craft Out|
|Monday through Sunday|
Private and Rental Boats
|9 AM to 5 PM||4 PM|
|Tuesday and Thursday|
Private Boats Only
|7 AM to 6 PM||5 PM|
Holiday Paddleboard & Boat Rental Hours - 2020
We maintain normal operating hours on 4th of July and Labor Day.
In coordination with EMD and CCD, access to Evergreen Lake may be closed to private and rental boats at its discretion. All boating is prohibited during certain events including the EPRD Summer Concert Series, Evergreen Rodeo Parade and Evergreen Town Race.
Private Boating is Now Closed for the season.
Private boats require a day pass prior to launching. There will be a limit on the number of boats on the lake at one time. Therefore, you may be put on a waitlist to get on the water. There will be a daily fee of $10/day Monday through Friday and $15/day Saturday and Sunday. No season passes will be available for the 2020 season, but there is a 5-punch pass available. These fees help to ensure boaters are taking proper safety measures before launching.
Private boaters are required to check in with boat rental staff. At this time, hours of operation are 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Sunday. Additional hours are available for private boaters on Tuesday and Thursday from 7AM to 9AM and 5PM to 6PM.
Purchase a 5-punch pass for $40. Available for purchase at the Evergreen Lake House. 2020 boating season dates are not guaranteed and there are no refunds for any reason. This pass expires on September 7, 2020. Purchase of a 5-punch pass does not guarantee access to the water: must pass inspection, have a life jacket, within boating operational hours, and entrance is subject to a capacity limit.
Rules to keep in mind when launching your boat include:
- All boats must stay within boundaries set by lake staff and abide by all lake rules.
- Trailered boats are no longer allowed to launch in the lake due to heightened concerns with contaminations affecting the water supply.
- Gas-powered engines are not allowed; only electric trolling motors.
- Other private watercraft not allowed are sailboats, pool inflatables (tubes, loungers, rafts, etc.), complex boats (pedal boats, closed hull, etc.) and PWCs.
- Launch vessels from our private boat check-in only.
- Life jackets are required for each person in the boat and/or paddle board and must be on and buckled at all times. Please bring your own life jacket as life jackets are not available for rental at this time.
- All private boats must launch and check in at private boat check to have an ANS (Aquatic Nuisance Species) inspection, pay and receive a wristband.
- No refunds.
- Due to COVID-19, the number of boats on Evergreen Lake will be limited due to social distancing.
- Masks required for launch.
Evergreen Lake rules are as follows:
- Rentals are first come, first served.
- All boaters and paddle boarders must wear a life jacket at all times. No exceptions.
- Any children under age 13 must have an adult (18 years and older) in the watercraft with them.
- Youth Stand-Up Paddleboard Rental rules are as follows:
- Youth 13 years and up can rent boards on their own.
- Youth 10 to 12 years old must have a parent/guardian-signed waiver and can go out on their own board with parents’ permission.
- Youth 9 years and younger must ride with an adult on the same board.
- Launch vessels from our private boat check-in only.
- Do not beach vessels on any of our shoreline or nature preserve.
- No alcohol on boats, rental or private.
- No swimming in the lake, including all pets.
- Leash laws extend to animals on all vessels/water craft, as well. Must have a leash on at all times on land and on vessels.
- Everyone must read/follow rules posted at the Boat House.
- Lake House staff reserves the right to ask any patron who is not following lake rules to leave.
- Private boats should be no longer than 15 feet in length.
- Inflatable crafts must be 3 chambers or more to be on the lake.
- Drones are not allowed on Evergreen Park & Recreation District property.
- During any weather delay due to lightning, there will be at least a 30-minute waiting period before lake activities can be resumed.
Boating is now closed for the season.
|Type of Boat||Capacity|
|Canoe||Up to 3|
|Paddle Boat||Up to 4 (2 adults and 2 small children)|
|Double Paddle Boat||Up to 4 Adults|
|Trike||Up to 2|
Boat Rental Fees
|Type of Boat||Time Period||Fee|
|Canoe||Per Hour||Not available for 2020|
|Kayak (1 Person)||Per Hour||$20|
|Kayak (2 Person)||Per Hour||$25|
|Paddle Boat||Per Hour||Not available for 2020|
|Double Paddle Boat||Per Hour||Not available for 2020|
|Private Boat (Per Day)||Per Day||$10 M-F/ $15 Sat and Sun|
|Private Boat Park Pass||All Season||Not available for 2020|
|Stand-Up Paddleboard||Per Hour||$20|
|Trike||Per Hour||Not available for 2020|
Lifejackets/PFDs are included with watercraft rental fees. For private boaters, you must bring your own PFD.
Check back during the summer to see if we will provide any night boating on specific dates.
Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS)
Evergreen Lake is the main water supply for our area residents. Therefore, outdoor activities for public or recreational use on Evergreen Lake are subject to closure by Evergreen Metropolitan District (EMD) if the water quality/supply is at risk or if preventative measures are needed to mitigate the risk of potential contamination from Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS). ANS are aquatic plants and animals that invade lakes, reservoirs, rivers, and streams and can have devastating environmental impacts on water. Recreational vessels have the potential to be a significant source of the spread of ANS in Colorado. All private boats are required to have an ANS inspection each time prior to launch.
Watch video from National Marine Manufacturers Association on how Colorado is working to protect the waters in our state.
For more information on ANS, please visit Colorado Parks and Wildlife.